- No period data has been added yet
- The provision of temple precincts with groves and gardens was fairly common practice in the Roman world, however these sacred gardens rarely have been investigated archaeologically, even in Pompeii. To remedy this situation the University of Sheffield carr... Read More
- Recovering evidence for a the temple grove in the sanctuary of Venus is our primary research focus, but the excavations have shed light also on the chronology and development of the sanctuary, the landscaping of and alterations to the temple precinct, and ... Read More
- The Venus Pompeiana Project (VPP) is a new archaeological and architectural research programme launched with the aim of reaching firmer conclusions on the chronology, development, and nature of the occupation of the Sanctuary of Venus. Special attention is... Read More
- Maureen Carroll, Giuseppe Montana, Luciana Randazzo, Renato Giarrusso. 2008. Recovering evidence for the use of marble and coloured limestone in the first century AD in excavations at the sanctuary of Venus at Pompeii. FOLD&R Italy: 119.
- Ilaria Battiloro, 3. Marcello Mogetta- University of Missouri, Columbia. 2018. New Investigations at the Sanctuary of Venus in Pompeii: Interim Report on the 2017 Season of the Venus Pompeiana Project . FOLD&R Italy: 425.
- Marcello Mogetta – Ilaria Battiloro – Ivan Varriale – Daniel P. Diffendale – Giordano Iacomelli – Mattia D’Acri – Chiara Corbino – Chiara Comegna – Giacomo Pardini . 2022. Archaeological Research at the Sanctuary of Venus in Pompeii: Interim Report of the 2018-2019 Seasons of the Venus Pompeiana Project . FOLD&R Italy: 535.