- No period data has been added yet
- A season of intensive site survey just north of Lago di Chiusi at località Gioiella on the border between modern Umbria and Tuscany has revealed evidence for a rural site occupied from ca. the end of the 2nd c. BC through the late 3rd c. AD, based on finew... Read More
- The archaeological site “La Villa” is located between Gioiella and Vaiano on a hill just to the north of Lago di Chiusi. To the east of the site is a Roman cistern and what is likely a segment of ancient road. A surface survey of the Vaiano-Gioiella Villa ... Read More
- Excavations took place at the Gioiella-Vaiano Villa site in the Comune of Castiglione del Lago from 1 June to 5 July 2017. The site, which is situated on a hill overlooking Lago di Chiusi, comprises a large villa complex spread out over at least three terr... Read More
- In 2018, excavations at the Gioiella-Vaiano Villa site continued in the two areas identified in 2017: the bath complex on the lower terrace and the central terrace where several features, including a large staircase, had been previously identified. In both... Read More
- The fourth season of excavations at the Vaiano-Gioiella Villa site took place during June and July of 2019. Excavation continued on the lower terrace where three rooms of a bath complex had previously been identified, as well as in the central area where a... Read More
- Giampiero Bevagna - Umbra Institute, Pedar Foss - DePauw University, Rebecca Schindler - DePauw University, Stefano Spiganti - Intrageo. 2016. Castiglione del Lago, Gioiella site survey, 2015: preliminary report. FOLD&R Italy: 348.
- Paolo Bruschetti, Stefano Spiganti - Intrageo. 2016. La Rocca di Castiglione del Lago (PG) Campagna di scavo 2014 . FOLD&R Italy: 355.
- Rebecca K. Schindler - Stefano Spiganti - Giampiero Bevagna - Pedar W. Foss. 2021. Report on the Excavations of the Gioiella-Vaiano Villa 2016-2019. FOLD&R Italy: 493.